Arctics of the Realms finds life and excitement in the desolate wastelands of Faerûn. In our travels, we’ve found new and old flora, fauna, and history to bring to you about the polar regions of the Realms. Arctics of the Realms does this through both narrative prose, written from the perspective of Amarune Whitewave (the great, great granddaughter of Elminster Aumar), and through occasional notes from her husband, editor, and traveling companion Arclath Delcastle.
Contained with this 50-page tome, you’ll get
- 2 new subclasses
- the Circle of the Frozen North druid which seeks to expand on the land (arctic) druid.
- and the Northguard, a conclave of Rangers who are outcast to wander the frigid wastelands and fight the many abominations that thrive there.
- Variant rules: expansions to the Druid and Ranger classes to allow them more access to the new spells contained within this book!
- 11 spells: each using a new spellcasting component, Environment, as they each rely on the boons of the world around them.
+1 bonus spell, druidic practice, which is the Druid version of the ceremony spell for Clerics.
- 10 magic items: drawn from the alien and scarce bounties of the polar regions of Faerûn, and it’s denizens.
- 10 monsters: new creatures for Wild Shaping, mounts, and companions!
plus a template for creatures corrupted by the black ice of the Crystal Shard
- 20 flora: the “bounty” of the arctic. Roots, lichens, and hearty plants that you can collect and use to create all manner of items, as well as improve some spells.
- Downtime activities: A gathering expedition specifically designed to find and collect the flora described in this book.
- 5 location stories: Straight from the journal of Amarune Whitewave herself, stories of their expeditions into five notable Faerûn coldlands: Cloudspire, Icewind Dale, Damara, Great Glacier, and Vaasa
- A map of Faerûn: Updated for 5th Edition, this book contains a two-page map of Faerûn covering the Sword Coast all the way to the Plains of Purple Dust
- Also included is a separate high-resolution PDF of the map in both colored and Printer Friendly, available to print on 8.5″x11″ or 11″x17″
- Journal-style sketch art by Shiah “Cinder” Irgangladen and Nathanaël Roux and several other full color pieces throughout the book, combined with a field-journal document style, complete with spilled ink
- Content and a foreword written by the creator of Forgotten Realms, Ed Greenwood, himself.
Review from Curse of SebsAmarune is back with her spellbinding tales of travel that put Volo to shame, this time in the frozen north of the realms, visiting the famous Icewind Dale and Great Glacier among other frost-bound locales. The anecdotes continue to be as entertaining as they are informative. There is a whole frozen playground of new flora to discover and an icy menagerie of new fauna, including the terrible Corrupted Dire Wolf (with the Corrupted template), Emperor Penguins, Narwhal, Snow Fox and Walrus among others, as well as a treasure trove of hyperboreal items and gelid goodies.
Circle of the Frozen North: A Druid to fulfil your Frozen fantasy with beautiful, deadly flurries, the ability to become more powerful arctic beasts and the power to sap the very heat from the core of their quarries, leaving them at the mercy of the cold and an exhausting, yet quick death.
Northguard: A Ranger Conclave of cold-hearted ice ninjas as invisible as a whiteout, as fast and freezing as the winds of winter, and can flash freeze their enemies with a snap of their frosty fingers.
Ingenious new rules for Druids and Rangers, granting them greater versatility and boons from their current and favoured terrains.
12 new spells ranging from thoughtful ritual ceremonies and the creation of beautiful, guiding Northern Lights through new takes on cold, calming spell countering, a greater armour of ice and speed of movement with a frozen slip-and-slide, to absolutely battering, bludgeoning and burying enemies with cascades of ice and stone.